Monday 17 June 2019

Hijab for the Office



Being a Muslim woman means that I have to wear the Hijab to identify myself as a Muslim. However, even though my office regulates us to wear a uniform, I still find it hard to wear a proper Hijab that fits the uniformed office look. It has come to a point where I'm just not bothered to try anymore but I guess there is still a conscious in me that wants to look good even though I'm wearing a uniform. 

 

Honestly, as much as I love fashion and as much as I want to be stylish all the time,  it's very hard to do so because one, I hardly have much time to get ready, I have skin problems, I'm still learning to manipulate my body shape and angles and I'm just lazy. All that mashed up makes me look like the next door neighbour's maid - shabby, messy and too simple. Basically, I don't look like the executive person that I should look like, hardworking and successful. Of course, whether I am hardworking and successful that is beside the point, right?

 

One of the things that I am finding a hard time trying is putting on my hijab. Getting the colour of the hijab is pretty easy because my office requires us to wear uniform meaning I have basically cut down on time to pick out outfit and matching hijab. However, wrapping the scarf around my head so it will look more professional, is a whole different story. Right? Well, good thing that I have the love to learn to get this together.

Found a few options online so I was thinking of trying some of the style until I find one that truly fits me and also the situation that I am in. Considering that this could also be useful for me in the future as I will be able to try some of the style during other events like corporate dinners, wedding etc. Which means, this is a good plan after all. Let's see what the outcome in the near future looks like.

Photo credits to all owners.

No comments:

Post a Comment