Monday 1 June 2020

Hello June - A New Month, A Productive Month


Since the beginning of the year, the entire world has been exposed to a new practice in their respective way of living as the Covid-19 Pandemic spread. Personally, since in Malaysia we had to endure about more than 2 months of Movement Control Order (MCO), our version of lock-down or quarantine, I am not sure if it has helped me to be more productive or more slacking. However, many have tried a few new things to help ease their boredom. Some even opted for a change in their lifestyle while others look for more creative ways to earn and sustain their earnings. The question bears vaguely in the back of my head, will such productivity sustain once the lock-down is lifted and life goes back to normal, that is the new normal?


 

Honestly, I think it feels like nothing much has changed in me or my life except my slight weight lost and that is due to the fact that junk food are not accessible to me. That being said, as much as I would like to boast, I don't think I was sufficiently productive during the MCO. I have definitely been slacking a lot at work because working from home does not work for me. Not when my comfy bed is literally right behind me while I'm working. As for my hobby, the only thing that works wonderfully for me is my passion for art. I definitely have done a lot throughout the MCO but still I am slightly...lazy. I really hate using that L word but to call myself unproductive is pretty much calling myself lazy, so I will just stick with it. Spiritually, I don't know really how far I have improved because I have not yet seen any improvement within myself but I know deep inside of me that I want to be a better Muslim and doing what I can to keep myself close to my Creator. For one thing that have not change is my belief in the religion and in Allah S.W.T. I just wish that I had more than just a belief inside of myself. That goes, I guess I have a lot more to improve in terms of my religious growth and productivity. 

What I do know that I have definitely improved is my skin health. My skin has definitely improve and are much healthier although it is still need a lot more improvement (which I think if I stop drinking dairy and caffeine, it would actually improve faster). On top of my skin health, my mentality is definitely getting better. Ideas are pouring out of me currently like smooth tap water when the tap is turned on. But I am living in a household where a lot of them have no faith in themselves and in me which is a shame, really. This brings me to my post today and that is to keep myself productive throughout this entire month and post on things that helps people to be productive like simple exercises for beginners and lazy people like myself, cooking and baking things that I like or simple meal that would appeal to many and maybe even share my opinion on Pop Culture and maybe even Politics or even try to blog about my interest in Finance and Economy like I wanted to try in the past but never getting the chance or even the courage to do so. 

Moreover, it is not just my ideas that are growing but it is also the things that I have discovered during the MCO like the tragedy of The Sewol Ferry and why is the story still are as tragic as it was when it first occurred. I'm not saying that I am not empathetic to family of the victims lost in the tragedy but in Malaysia, we experience almost the same tragedy, twice - MH370 and MH17, one where all passengers are still missing and the other where all passengers are dead, including children and three sets of families. That was until I found out the reason behind the tragedy that is still engulfing the political scene in South Korea that contributed to the ongoing fight for the victims. 

In the beginning, I wanted to dedicate this entire month to Fathers as it is the month of Fathers' Day. Not that I'm ungrateful for my hero that is my own Dad, but one of the many things that he had taught me is to continuously work smart and hard to achieve success at the end of the day and that effort is called being productive. Indirectly, this entire month, I am dedicating the month to Fathers because while love is associated with Mothers, success is usually associated with Fathers. In short, success is the end product of putting in the effort and being productive at the same time for that is truly what all successful people would say...although they won't say it literally, but one should try to read in between their quoted lines. Just take the Kardashian sisters. Many would say they are successful because of their show but that show could only do so much. The sisters got themselves into their respective business from that show because once that show ends, their income will end too if they do not have other ventures in their lives and the fact that their businesses are doing so well is because they are constantly putting in the effort and being productive with their time and that is my goal for the month. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment