Tuesday 2 June 2020

Face Sheet Mask Ritual

Photo credit to Women's Health Website

Having healthy and glowing skin is something that every woman dreams daily for because healthy skin especially facial skin, reflects the beauty of the person and I'm speaking entirely about one's physicality. Healthy skin is a reflection of one's internal health. Should a person has healthy skin from head to toe, it considers that her or his internal body is also healthy. Furthermore, having healthy skin partly defines one's beauty and let's face reality here - people will acknowledge should one have healthy and glowing skin.
 
Since I hit puberty, I have suffered from mild eczema. It started really, really light with considerable amount of acne popping up on my forehead and cheeks then spread down to my shoulders and chest. Then since I started working, with the amount of stress building up that I was not familiar with, my skin started inflamed which later I found out that I was having mild eczema. Since a few of my family members including my families from the outer circle are also suffering from some kind of skin problems, adding stress and also bad diet into my body only worsen my issues. To say that the problem took my confidence away, I would say it is a lie because throughout those times, I never really felt like I should lose my talent and my belief in myself but it time I found out that it is taking a toll on my health. In my previous post, I have shared a little about the current state of my health and that I was not only suffering from bad skin problems but I was also overweight, I had Bell's Palsy and sciatica - in the extend between the twelve months. Throughout this time, I was waking up with headache and falling asleep with one too and this is where I put a stop and began try and improve my lifestyle which is still a journey that I am in. 


One of the things that I noticed has improved a lot is my skin health. It hardly irritates now but I still have some dry skin patches here and there but it is not as bad it was before and one of the things that I know helped is wearing face sheet mask regularly. Of course, this method on its own will not help with skin improvement, but it sure is a fun way for me to get that moisturized and glowing skin in the morning. It wasn't easy for me to look for the right face sheet mask and I started at first with the one kind that does not irate my skin. That one face sheet mask was Avocado Face Sheet Mask from The Face Shop. This face sheet is soaked in moisturizing cream serum that is suitable for sensitive skin like mine. Not only does it not irritate my skin, it also provides that extra moist to ensure my skin is bouncy in the morning. I used to only wear this one once every two or three days as at the time my skin was still very sensitive. 


Now, I'm using this every night especially on nights when my skin is highly irritable. Aside from this one, I also use Honey and Olive ones and I only use these three ones at night before bedtime as they are all soaked in serum that contributes moisture to the skin. I use Honey when I'm travelling because it has a nice scent that helps me to sleep (I have a hard time sleeping in foreign places) and Olive on nights when my skin is not as irritable and the reason is since my skin is a lot healthier, I felt like I need to care for it instead of continuously soaking it with serum that may be too much.


Every morning, especially on days when I have to go to work or when I have plans to go out, I will use The Face Shop Face Sheet Mask in Lemon. This is because the lemon kinds provides that extra glow that will brighten up the complexion. 


Throughout this MCO period where I am mostly working from home, I mostly uses Lotus Face Sheet Mask. Malaysia is a humid country and on most days, the weather is really hot and sometimes even when waking up in the morning, you can feel the burn of the humid sun outside. Lotus face sheet mask is very cooling and that is why I uses it and it feels almost like when I wear olive face sheet but it is not as comfortable as honey, olive and avocado. Sometimes, or most of the times when I'm out of face sheet to use for the day, I would grab onto the Tea Tree ones because it has almost the same effect as lotus but this is very rarely. 


Come the weekend, where I get to love and pamper myself more, not that these two face sheet makes much of a difference but, in the weekend, I would swap between the Blueberry ones or Mung Beans ones. Blueberry helps to firm the skin while mung beans contributes to pore care and I know they only stated it on the package and I also know the current state of my skin is mostly because of the changes that I have implemented but I still like to believe that these two helped too and yes, I usually uses this only in the weekend, swapping it between Saturday and Sunday. 

My only other advice on using face sheet masks is truly to find the right one that doesn't irritate the skin. What most beauty product failed to do is to produce products for the various skin types under the sun like sensitive skin like mine, oily skin, dry skin etc. Also there are so many skin issues under the sun that many are not sharing as commercially as other health issues like cancer and heart problems. No shade to every other health that are life-threatening but the biggest contribution to skin problems is the health of our body internally and when our insides are not healthy, it can contributes to other diseases and problems so if there is more awareness of the importance of maintaining healthy skin and how it is related to every other part of body and also other health issues, perhaps then we could finally find more suitable skin clinics and skin products that are not as costly as the current product today. 

P/S : This post is not sponsored at all by The Face Shop. The Face Shop skin care products so far is best suitable for my skin condition and I really do uses these face sheet masks on a daily basis. 

No comments:

Post a Comment