Monday 1 June 2020

Three Simple Tips For Improving Skin Health


Being someone who suffers from skin problems for the longest time possible, it's very hard for me to find the effective ways to improve my skin health. I am suffering from mild eczema which causes my skin to itch when I'm stressed and sometimes my skin, which includes my back, arm and hips to get dry and start flaking. Aside from Coconut Oil to keep my skin constantly moist, I found three simple ways to help improve my skin health and after much reading and researching, it seems to be an effective yet simple way to assist those with skin issues especially dry skin issues.


Tip One : Drinking Warm Water

We have heard probably one too many time but let's face the reality of it all where most of us are guilty of not even trying to consume as much liquid as our body should. Even when we are thirsty and especially when you reside in a humid country like Malaysia, we tend to go for a cold and chill drink to quench our thirst. Worst is when we decide that a sweeter and fizzy soda could definitely cool down our drying throat. Well, truthfully it could - but only for that one glimpse of a moment when we do take that long chug of the cold and probably fizzy drink.

Here is something that many articles about drinking water did not explain to us. Inside of our body is not only wet, it is also warm so unless we are exercising, drinking cold water will only shrink our blood vessel and restrict our body from getting hydrated. Drinking cold water should be consume after we have finish exercising or while taking water breaks during exercise and the reason is while and after we exercise, our body temperature increased and if consume warm water, it will only spike the temperature and possibly caused our body to get fever. So, drink cold water after exercising to cool down. For people like me who seldom works out, it's a lot better to consume warm water as much as we can to ensure our body is constantly hydrated. Here's the catch, our skin reflects the condition of our internal body so as long as our insides are well hydrated, it will reflect back on our skin which means our skin will constantly look moist and healthy. Most people take a glass of warm water after waking up in the morning as it help to activate our muscles and blood vessels and assist us to move around actively. 

Learn more on the benefits of warm water from Heahtline and Medical News Today.


Tip Two : Wearing Face Sheet Mask Constantly

One of the many things that I missed during this season of MCO (lockdown) is going to do my facial. Once every few months (mostly when I have enough money to pamper myself), I would take a trip downtown and get myself pamper with a relaxing and moisturizing facial conducted by a professional of course. Now, while massage parlours and facial clinics are still closed or in a controlled environment, I try my best to find ways to pamper myself especially my skin. Although I have bought a few good stuffs to increase my skin glow (it's still improving, not yet at its best), I do found a simple trick of wearing face sheet mask daily helps to increase the moist on my facial skin and I have cooed over this before.

Drinking water, a lot of water, is sufficient enough to maintain our body hydration. However, it is also important to know that sometimes, supplements could make things a little bit better. I have never tried using face sheet mask everyday until I started missing going to facial. I started with wearing the face sheet mask every night before bed and now I'm wearing them twice daily and it has help my skin tremendously. Not only is my facial skin looking a lot healthier compared to the days before MCO started, but it definitely helped to shrink my pores a little and gave it a little bit of a glow which was unnecessary considering I was at home almost everyday. But this extra glow really is helpful during the first day of Syawal as it was the only day where I got to leave my house and visit a few relatives and many did compliment me on my improving skin health. Even Watson and Allure have stated the benefits of wearing face sheet masks daily. Maintaining a proper skin care routine is important - cleansing, toning and moisturizing really does help to maintain skin health. Instead of adding in the other skin care products like serum and eye cream etc, a simple face sheet masks is really the simplest method to bring out the glow and, it is a lot more cost effective

After using the face sheet mask for a while now, I have my preferences that is suitable for my skin and also suitable for my purpose of the days. This goes without saying, that I will be posting another post about my choices of face sheet masks with its respective purposes and benefits to our skin. 



Tip Three : Moving Around

We have covered how to take that simple extra step to care for our facial skin care, so here's the last simple tip on ensuring that every other parts of our skin are well taken care of too. It's pretty easy and it actually just take a minimum of 1 minute. Make it 2 just to be safer but standard time for this is 7 minutes. What I'm talking about is moving our body around. It may not sound like it could do much for the skin but considering for someone like me who spends some valuable time working in a static position and that is working while sitting in front of a computer that is placed on a desk, not moving my body not only make my muscles and bones stiff but apparently when we don't move, our blood flow slows down and that contribute to dull skin and even promote irritation especially on our back and our buttocks. 

A simple stretch of the arms and legs by moving from left to right while sitting for about a minute would be enough but what works even better is getting off the chair, stretch and take small walks around the chair or just around the working space for a minute would be good too. Personally, and I'm assuming because I am working at home, I actually do a standard 7 minutes exercise using the workout app on my phone, Workout for Women by 7M. Most of the time I try the Deskercise from the app, which is about 7 minutes long only and doing it about 4 or 5 times a day really help with the blood circulation which will also help with our skin health. It will also help to increase our body energy to sustain throughout the day while working. So take that short time to crack your back and twist your wrist not only to relax your stiff muscles but also to help with our blood circulation

Let me reiterate how important it is to maintain our body health in order to improve our skin health. This little info is something that I am still learning and it takes time but learning this slowly is helping me out and I do see a few improvements. Another thing that is helping me with my health improvements is to really taking into account that this will take a long time and the result will only appear probably in a few months soon. So, I guess that is my advice for anyone who comes across this blog post and wanting to improve your body and skin health. Remember to first understand how our body works and to also understand that health improvements take time, so go slowly. 


No comments:

Post a Comment